Important University Policy Changes

1. Replacement Exams/Additional Assessment Update

There have been changes to the Modified Arrangements for Coursework Assessment (MACA) Policy.

For a summary of the changes click here:

Please be aware of the following:

Before the Primary Examination

"Modified arrangements will not be granted for minor ailments, travel, employment, family, customary, sport or leisure commitments, problems with balancing workloads or normal exam stress or anxiety" (see section 1 of the Policy)

"Students who submit an application for a Replacement Examination at least 3 business days before the date of the Primary Examination, will be notified of the outcome of the application at least 24 hours before the Primary Examination" (section 7 of the Policy)

During the Primary Examination

Students who become ill on the way to or during the exam must notify an exam invigilator at the venue and apply for a replacement exam.

It is important to know that if you sit the primary exam you will not be eligible for a replacement exam unless an issue arose during the exam and you made an exam supervisor aware before 50% of the time had lapsed.

All requests for assessment extensions and replacement exams must be on this Form:;field=data;id=7446;m=view

A Medical Certificate will not be accepted.

The full Modified Arrangements for Coursework Assessment Policy can be found here,

2. Academic Progress Notifications

There have been changes to the Academic Progress Policy for Coursework students.

You must pass more than 50% of the units you are enrolled in to maintain academic progress. This means for example, that if you are enrolled in 12 units you must pass 9 units to avoid a risk notification.

Students are strongly encouraged to check your University email address frequently from the end of July to ensure you act on a risk notification or Intention to Exclude notification as soon as possible..

Please be aware that if you receive a risk notice or ‘Intention to Exclude’ notification, immediate attention is required.

Student Care’s Education and Welfare Officers can assist you to understand the implications for you.

Please contact us early for assistance.

Phone 8313 5430 or email